Thursday, August 20, 2009

Why do kids have to grow up?


My *baby* is going to be 23 in about 8 weeks. I can not believe he is getting to be that age already. It was yesterday I think that I was changing his diapers and kissing his owies away. He has become a smart, honest, honorable young man. I am so proud of him!

I am so sad however. He is going on a trip to Vegas on his own! He will be gone from September 15th to the 17th. I know it is a short trip but it is one I had always wanted to take with him. A trip that I had always said we were going to do together. I was something that meant a lot to me to be able to do for and with him.

Finances have a way of changing the best laid plans I guess. I know not to count my chickens before they hatch but I was so sure there was going to be more money from Gramma's estate that I had planned to take Tony for a few days with that.

He is now going down when friends of his go. Sounds nice but the friends are married and he is going to be left out some I fear. I know he is a man but to me he is still my baby and he always will be.

I am the one he calls when he his heart has been broken. I am the one he called in tears when he messed up his first attempt at getting his license. I am the one he called the first time he got drunk and kept calling and calling and calling! I am the one he calls mama when he wants something. He is my Angelbaby my one and only.

He is my life, my heart, my breath, my soul. He is my Tony my special love.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww, what a sweet post! I hope he has a fun trip, but I'm sorry you won't be able to make it with him this time. Maybe you can soon. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete