Monday, August 10, 2009

Rock of Ages Review

This CD is one that I was lucky enough to be able to review. I grew up an 80s child and the music was just up my alley. When I first heard it I kept turning it off thinking how can I be nice about a CD I hate? I kept at it and WHAM! It hit me. This CD is amazingly wonderful and nostalgic. I had to get out of my 80s rocker mind and get into my Broadway hit mode! I am in love with this CD. I am *rocking out in my chair to the music and songs and singers. It is a great way to introduce our kids to our music! Now I have to let Santa know that I want to see this Broadway hit!
Oh wait I know you want to know what songs are all on it! Sorry I am having to much fun singing to the CD! Oh yea my kids think I have gone nuts!
Cool info: New Line Records just hammered the in-store release of the Original Broadway Cast Recording of five-time Tony Award nominated "ROCK OF AGES." For those of you not in the know, Rock of Ages is the new Broadway musical starring American Idol finalist Constantine Maroulis. Set in 1987 in a legendary Sunset Strip rock club, a small-town girl meets a big-city dreamer and they fall in love to the greatest metal songs of the 80's. The musical is an arena-rock love story told through the mind-blowing, face-melting hits of Journey, Bon Jovi, Styx, Reo Speedwagon, Pat Benatar, Foreigner, Twisted Sister, Poison, Asia, Whitesnake and more.

Tracklisting:
1.Just Like Paradise / Nothin' But A Good Time
2.Sister Christian
3.We Built This City / Too Much Time On My Hands
4.I Wanna Rock
5.We're Not Gonna Take It
6.Heaven/More Than Words / To Be With You
7.Waiting For A Girl Like You
8.Wanted Dead Or Alive
9.I Want To Know What Love Is
10.Cum On Feel The Noize / We're Not Gonna Take It (Reprise)
11.Harden My Heart / Shadows Of The Night
12.Here I Go Again
13.The Final Countdown
14.Any Way You Want It / I Wanna Rock (Reprise)
15.High EnoughI Hate Myself For Loving You / Heat Of The Moment
16.Hit Me With Your Best Shot
17.Can't Fight This Feeling
18.Every Rose Has Its Thorn
19.Oh Sherrie
20.The Search Is Over
21.Don't Stop Believin
If you have not heard this CD yet trust me you will not be disappointed in it! I am going to buy this CD as a gift for all of my siblings and friends. I can just imagine how spectacular the show is! Out of a possible 5 stars? *****

1 comment: