Friday, March 19, 2010

Another great contest from my friend!!

I recently had the chance to listen to the newest Putumayo World Music release, Rhythm and Blues.




[Photo]

Rhythm and Blues features not only generation legends such as Lavelle White but also new stars of today's retro R&B movement such as Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings. (For you who might not know her she was called the "Queen of Funk" by British enthusiasts during a tour in 1999) Now when you hear R & B, you might be thinking of recent years, but rewind the clock back to the the 50's and 60s for this one. It's the real deal, not the newfangled cr stuff. ;) This is a good CD to hang out and listen to in the evening after dinner and relax.



Here's the track listing:





Lavelle White "I've Never Found a Man to Love"

James Hunter "Til Your Fool Comes Home"

Cracked Ice "Sweet Feeling"

The Quantic Soul Orchestra featuring Kabir Who Knows

The Emotions "My Honey and Me"

Sam Moore, Keb' Mo' and Angie Stone "Wang Dang Doodle"

Catherine Russell "Put Me Down Easy"

Ruthie Foster "'Cuz I'm Here"

Snooks Eaglin "A Mother's Love"

Sharon Jones and The Dap Kings "100 Days, 100 Nights"

Rockie Charles "Before I Find the Right Girl for Me"

Irma Thomas with Henry Butler "River Is Waiting"



The suggested retail price is $14.98, but Amazon has it for $13.99 as of this posting.



Win it! One lucky reader will win a copy of Rhythm and Blues. To enter, visit Putumayo's site and tell us another CD you'd be interested in. (If you're like me and love Celtic music, I recommend Celtic Tides - it features Clannad, my absolute favorite in Celtic music)



As always, if you have completed the first entry above, you can also receive extra entries for:



-Subscribing to my feed OR following my blog

-Blogging about this giveaway with a link back

-Tweeting about this giveaway (leave the link or include @psychotichouse)



That's up to four (4) possible entries! Giveaway ends April 3rd, 2010 at 11:59 PST. US Only, sorry. :( Please leave your email address in your comment, or have it available in your profile so I can contact you if you've won. Winners drawn via Random.org.



I received a copy of this CD to listen to, and one reader will win a copy as well. Link(s) are for your convenience, they are not referral links.

posted by Storm, The Psychotic Housewife at 7:03 PM on Mar 19, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment