Sunday, January 16, 2011

Soup Du Jour

I am trying to make healthier dinners lately. Things that taste good, are good for you and are budget friendly. So I decided to look online and then adjust to my taste.
I took a ham bone, 1 carton of chicken broth, 1 can tomato soup, 1 can diced tomatoes, 2 cans kidney beans, 1 can black beans, garlic, diced onion, and sliced orange pepper. I could of made this healthier rinsing the beans but wanted to get them going. It smells yummy already and now I just have to wait for the crock pot to do its magic.
I am going to bake hubby cookies in a little bit. I am thinking either peanut butter or oatmeal cookies. Hey what about oatmeal peanut butter cookies? I need a diabetic friendly one that is moist. Guess that is my next search!

No comments:

Post a Comment