Sunday, December 12, 2010

Bye Bye Aunt Flo

OK I am thinking now that having 2 surgeries within 2 months of each other was a bit much on the body. I am not complaining mind you just stating a fact. So for the details of the big hysterectomy....
I was crying 2 nights before surgery realizing that this meant no more babies ever in my tummy. I know I did not expect to ever get pregnant again but now not having a choice was hard on me. My husband does not even know how hurt I was for a bit. It was a deep agonizing pain down to my soul. It was the same pain and loss I felt when I had a miscarriage.
I know I know I am a bit weird. So OK I pull up my big girl panties and pray for an answer. I prayed for peace in my soul that this was the right decision to make. Somehow I fell asleep and woke up refreshed and knowing this was the right choice to make.
Surgery day arrives and my nerves are shot. I mean total freak outs like only I can do. Having to hold my tongue to not start fights with even the dog lol. Off to St. Josephs we go.
I get admitted into the hospital and everyone is so nice! They are cheery and joking and full of smiles and God Bless Yous! It was very nice. I got put into my little pre surgery room and dressed up in an adorable gown that takes hot air. OK I am hot most the time as is so I liked the cool part of the air for the most part. My legs are being warmed up with the air as well. I was like Violet from Willy Wonka when she at the gum and blew up! It did give me the giggles at least.
Soon I wake up, confused and sore. Lord thank you for that pain button! Ice, ice, ice, ice! I think most people say hi to family and friends first not me! I begged for ice! I think so at least.
Dr. Greene said my surgery was a difficult one. He was glad for the case he did before mine being as it gave him that extra umphs he needed. The case before mine was a bit of added trouble and mine was like yea baby cause trouble!
My 3 hours surgery turned into 5 hours. The uterus was to large to take out vaginally in one piece so he did it into 3 sections. There were 3 fibroid inside the uterus from baseball sized on Both of my ovaries were attached to my uterus so he had to de attach them. The right ovary had a large cyst on it that he took care of and he thinks that it might have fibromyalgya as well. My tummy muscles were still messed up from the gall bladder surgery so that added to the stress as well.
I had the robotic vaginal surgery so very small incisions! The itches have taken ahold of me but Benedryl takes care of that for the most part.
I am glad it is all over with now. I have been extremely exhausted and have a hard time going anywhere for any amount of time. I had hubby take me to Rite Aid and to Target yesterday and after 10 minutes in Target I was dead. I was walking, I mean shuffeling through the isles. So no major shopping just yet for me.
I am going to give my body time to heal and lose a few more pounds in the process. I have lost around 18 pounds since September 8th. Who knew surgery was so great at helping you lose weight?

No comments:

Post a Comment