Thursday, May 26, 2011

Review: Hormel® Compleats® Kids Microwave Meals

I was recently offered the opportunity to have my kids try Hormel® Compleats® Kids Microwave Meals thanks to She Speaks. I was sent the following varieties to try.
Spaghetti & Meatballs, Pasta & Chicken, Beef Ravioli and Macaroni & Beef. the come in the perfect serving size container for the younger kids. .



I had the kids try Macaroni & Beef first. It looked rather weird and kind of like fake food. The smell reminded me of mystery meat Fridays back in grade school. The kids we happy to get to try a new food. Hmm that happiness lasted about as long as the food sat on their tongues. Both gagged but swallowed the bite. They refused to take another bite. I had to agree with the gag taste. Yep mystery meat all over again.
The next day we tried Beef Ravioli and had the same experience. The meal was very bland, had a funky flavor and the sauce was way to thick.
Day three was Spaghetti & Meatballs. This was also way to thick sauced. The noodles we to gooey and the kids were not happy with me making them try *nonono* foods. That was Megan's comment to the foods.
Yippee day four and the last meal to try. Bring on the Pasta & Chicken! More gooey pasta and dead looking chicken. One bite for each kid and more gagging and spitting out of the chicken.
While I am glad to of been given the chance to try the meals I have to be honest and give them a one star out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment